Wednesday 14 August 2013

Mass Effect N7 Costume Cosplay For Comic Con 2013 London

Research

This year I will be going to my first ever comic con convention in London. So I had to start my costume ASAP i have around 3 months to build a costume .

What to wear/build?

After a lot of research I originally wanted to build and design myself a World of Warcraft costume but I had to be realistic and in 3 months I don't think it was achievable especially the PVP warrior gear i wanted to make.



So I decided to make the Mass Effect N7 armor. I did alot of research into the armor. I printed photos in order to have a reference. I also read and followed two blogs that helped and gave me an idea on how to create it. 



These people have serious skills!!


Materials?

I will be using several materials for the armor. Eva foam is a  material very commonly used by cosplayers. Its also known as interlocking gym/garage mats. This material is easy to stick together using a glue gun and easy to shape using a heat gun.

It was quite hard to find this in Gibraltar and ordering online was too expensive. I finally found it in two places in Gibraltar.

My next step is to print out the templates, cut them out, stick them together and start cutting the EVA foam. 













No comments:

Post a Comment