Wednesday 14 August 2013

Mass Effect N7 Costume Eva Foam + Templates

Templates and first cuts



I have printed out the armor templates and started cutting and sticking them together. 





Once I had the paper templates I copied it onto cardboard and then folded both end and cut the edges so they were even (The same in both sides). I decided to do this because i dont  have a steady hand. the cardboard is stronger than paper therefore helping me cut the eva foam. I stuck the paper to the cardboard using blue tack because the template was a bit wrinkly. 

















I then traced the template and begun cutiing the Eva foam using a Stanley knife. I wanted a thicker eva foam but couldnt find any so this will do. If I need any thicker ill just stick two together. 






Today I also started on the helmet. The material for the helmet will be different. i will do it using pepakura then decided either to do it with foam or resin. The paper i used for the pepakura is the thickest one i could find that is printable. I then cut the edges with a stanley knife and stuck it together using super glue. 






The next step is to finish cutting the rest of the front of the suit , glue it to the other parts and shape it. Then do all the details using a dremmel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment